Thursday, January 16, 2014

The Steps of Inspiration

Hi all! My name is Brandi. I am a junior Biology major at WNEU. I'm from a town just north of Boston. I would like to teach high school Biology in the future. I hope that this class gives me a break from my usual science courses while learning useful things like problem solving skills.

Today when we had to bind our arms and go to the dining hall, I was definitely apprehensive. I was excited to participate but I have never been in a class that was so hands-on. I think our group was able to come up with some very pressing issues that we faced when trying to serve ourselves. We even started to brainstorm on a few things that may have made our experience easier.

I think that opening bottles and untying bags were some of our most challenging obstacles. Also, carrying drinks and silverware and multiple plates were daunting tasks. Making multiple trips was our only immediate option.

I am looking forward to solidifying our central problem and discovering ways to make the dining hall experience comfortable for individuals with physical handicaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment